Sunday, September 21, 2008

What’s fair is Fair

The Fair is Where Dates on White

My titles are really starting to suck. So anyways, went to the Los Angeles County Fair today (Day before yesterday, September 19, however you look at it) and apparently I had gone before. I still argue I never went before. I don’t remember going at all, nothing about the place reminds of me of anything only two strange dreams that seem oddly similar; but I seriously never gone. Interesting experience, it all really feels like a gigantic carnival though. Like a theme park, but which turns out to look like a carnival; in other terms. One thing that stands out when you first walk in is that the whole place is in smoke from the hundreds of people who barbeque there. Yes, barbeque is one huge thing when it comes to fair and its a must since whatever you buy; you know it will always be good no matter what.

SDC10737 

Coleslaw also seems to be a huge thing here, apparently.

Yes, in case your wondering what that is; its a Beef…just barbeque beef sandwich with barbeque sauce you can put on later on. Best. Barbeque. Ever. Unfortunately, I never went for the Roasted Corn I have been craving for months so I am gonna have to wait longer that that.

Lots to see afterwards though which include this farm-like region (it looks nothing like a farm, just a farm-looking building with caged farm animals), which included a mega pig:

SDC10743

Yes, they get big.

And a Monster pig which is even bigger, but could not unfortunately take a picture of because it included an awkward moment (It peed).

Then we went on to an insect exhibit which I could not stay in because of my enormous fear of them. Here are some pictures I took bravely:

SDC10746

The closest I will ever get to a scorpion.

SDC10745

Glow-In-The-Dark Scorpions eh? I’m still not touching it.

SDC10748

Second closest I will ever get to a tarantula. First was one actually being on my shoulder. I have never been the same.

After that we ended up going to these home shopping type of places you find at conventions and was incredibly non-interesting. Lots of products which include knock-offs and stuff I will never need. When we finally walked out an hour later, I thought shopping was done for now and we ended up at a building called winter wonderland. Finally a place that seemed interesting, that’s until we walked it and ended up being another shopping center. But disappointment soon went away as we saw Santa, a very much appropriate Santa in summer wear in front of a beach backround. Hilarity in sues. Next to Santa was a mini Roller rink which I wanted to try out, but my family was less willing. Somehow the fun was sucked out of my family ages ago. Which speaks much for my brother later on.

Then after that my brother and I walked around for a bit eventually spending the next half hour (lost) looking for the best part of the park which was the Action Zone or where the better rides and entertainment are. We eventually got there and first thing I saw was a BB gun game that intrigued me. It involves a typewriter machine BB gun and hitting a target. You shoot out the target and you get one of those annoying mini-motorbikes you hear either in the morning or late at night by a punk kid that lives down your street. Time for payback.

After 4 rounds and losing about 40 tickets, (which is 30 dollars) I lost. Here is how close I came in the last round to winning a bike:

SDC10765

If you can see the circles, they are indications to what I missed. I missed it by that much.

Other highlights include me riding a very fast, vomiting inducing ride and me and my brother riding at least one carnival ride called the Tilt a Whirl. A carny classic. One part of the place also included what looked like a representation of larger or smaller than life animals (almost like a freak show). A crude presentation, but hey it was a dollar. First animal was the worlds smallest horse. I’ve seen smaller. Next was the world’s tallest horse. If he’s tall is he in the Guinness World Records? No idea, but I didn’t ask, it was still one huge horse if you ask me. I would take a picture but too many people around to do so and they probably wouldn’t let me. Next was one I actually took pictures of. Here’s the booth:

SDC10763

Hm, seems huge, big booth anyways. Lets take a look:

SDC10761

…wow thats…yeah its pretty big. Here’s a comparison shot with random people so you know just actually how big:

SDC10762

Yeah, they weren’t lying. Its pretty big.

Well that almost concludes the trip here’s some random highlight pictures:

SDC10759

[Insert Joke Here]

SDC10766

The Budweiser Horses? Cool animal celebrities!

SDC10767

Yep, if you ever wondered.

There’s one thing I had to do after the trip and it was get a funnel cake. Unfortunately I didn’t get one so here’s an alternative:

SDC10770

This is what’s called a Texas Donut A la mode or A giant donut with ice cream on top. It was one great donut.

In Case You Missed It and Keeping up with Politics:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's the appeal of cole slaw? Do people really eat gooey confetti?

Ice cream on doughnuts is something I can get behind though.

Also is the title a reference to The Legend of Billie Jean? If so than lolz.