Monday, June 7, 2010

E3 2010 (Semi) Preview

E3 is coming fast. Blazingly fast. New things are semi being announced each day. Well mostly rumors, but interesting rumors. The first up is no rumor but a simple fact. A fact which probably we live by everyday being gamers or using the computer and whatnot. That fact is no one is going to look good playing [Project] Natal. No one. We look silly already using controllers or seeing someone type on a computer (like me). When we saw it being played last year most assumed it would involve flailing. It is. Unless you think its too embarrassing to be caught on film doing the act, well it is:

It will be another thing to probably not worry about in the future as it already looks awkward what we do everyday. This is a bit different too, but try not to be in front of a mirror or stand in back of someone using a Natal.

Here’s the rumor:

Some people have been saying that the 3DS (yeah its still happening) that it will probably have Gamecube graphics, which would sound awesome, but a little unrealistic really; for our technology era anyway. Well, how about I take that up a few notches and say that may be an understatement. IGN claims, off record, that it could exceed Nintendo Wii capabilities and close to having HD capabilities, about the same processing power as an Xbox 360. Now that’s unrealistic, and probably an exaggeration on both IGN’s and where ever they get their sources. Sure its probably not even close to being real, but I could buy the Gamecube rumor somehow. Nintendo has surprised us in the past for how they will utilize their next console systems. Although not crazy on the 3D part…

Sure, E3 is within a week, and what I’m about to talk about comes out within days, but even though some people aren’t happy about the HD port; its still one of my favorite Super Nintendo games:

Groovy. Earthworm Jim has been remade in HD. Actually they announced this long ago, and its been ages since its announcement (see the 2009?). But so far everything looks swell, including a few bonuses: (as sampled above) HD improvement, difficulty levels, “Big Bruty” level which was only included in the Sega CD and PC editions of the older game, and 4 player co-op. That’s right. Not versus, but co-op which is even more awesome. But somewhat weird. Well anyways, I’ll be sure to pick this up soon. Comes out on the Xbox 360 June 6th and the PSN, a bit later on. More HD screens here.

Picture of the day:

Found this while browsing through pictures of Star Wars Weekends at Disneyland. I’m not entirely sure why, but part of me made me laugh when I saw this. For the life of me, I don’t know how she is doing that autograph:

Oh and by the way. For some reason, and unknown reason, video game makers decided to get dark and actually decide on something kinda cool by doing a Third-Person [wand] shooter for the Harry Potter Deathly Hallows video game. I might actually think about getting it. I actually want this to be good:

2 comments:

Anthony said...

Earthworm Jim with four player co-op?
That's cool but did they add the ability to save your game?

Aurra Sing's hands are terrifying. I'm sure the actress had to practice writing with them. Knowing that makes me sad.

Gabriel said...

Don't know, I kinda hope so.

Yes, yes it does.