Friday, February 5, 2010

A Good Year to be a Gamer

There are a bunch of new video games coming out for the new decade. Which include New and Old faces. Just announced recently was an old face. Somehow I knew he would return to the good days of 2D gaming, but I didn’t think it would be similar to the new Mega Man 10 game:

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Sonic is back the way he should have many years ago. Only because the 3D wasn’t working so much anymore. Not that it has worked after Sonic Adventure 2. It went downhill in that area.

BioShock 2

Next up will be a favorite for steam punk fans and fans of the previous Bioshock venture. With Bioshock 2 looking more awesome each time I see a video, its one video game I will most definitely play for hours. Here’s an awesome full CGI launch trailer:

Aliens vs. Predator

Remember Aliens vs. Predator and how awesome it was? I’m talking about the old PC games, in case you’re confused. Ever want to relieve scenes from Aliens? Well not really, but mostly yes. This is why it sounds much cooler as a game than a movie:

Transformers: War for Cybertron

To my knowledge, I don’t really think Transformers has gotten a good video game. The movies haven’t really helped either. The Playstation 2 game might have been good, but I never really played it myself. Well it looks like they may finally get a good video game. From what I’ve seen, it may be a prequel to the whole Transformers mythology. Which is good since we haven’t really gotten a full picture how the whole war started between Autobots and Decepticons. Check out another trailer:

Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout is now going the way of the Star Wars KOTOR series and is now being made by Obsidian. Its not necessarily a bad thing either. Don’t get me wrong KOTOR II was a really entertaining game. New Vegas does and will be an interesting concept. We wont know how Obsidian will take the approach of VATS, hopefully adding new elements to it and not making it seem like its getting old. Vegas looks somewhat new now and is one of the only cities up and running in the Fallout world. I sure will be there, as I have with Fallout 3, to see a new side of this post apocalyptic world:

No comments: