Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Universal Studios Hollywood

Just got back a few hours ago as I am writing this and why did I go if you are asking? Yes its a pretty small park, but the most reason I would go is for the opening of The Simpsons Ride. How was it you ask? Pretty awesome. Way better, in some ways, than the Back to the Future: The Ride. It uses just about the same type of motion simulation for the ride. What's better you ask? Its The Simpsons! C'mon that's a silly question. Plus its got a lot more motion and hilarity to it. Seriously when riding it, I can clearly feel the G's (or just a lot of major rapid motion). Yeah, not a ride for the faint at heart. I'll be explaining what neat things to see as some people head to Universal Studios by entering the world of The Simpsons; well part of it. Here are some pictures I took meanwhile; I'm no photographer unfortunately:

0528080947

Picture of famous Universal Studios spinning globe

0528080948

Universal Studios Entrance, complete with red carpet

0528081409

This I took for no particular reason, I just found it at an old Warehouse store, which apparently sold a lot of old unsold Universal Studios souvenir products. Which includes this unsold, very well taken care of Keyman with Net Launcher (?) action figure from the E.T. movie. Yes this store sold a lot of Universal Horror costumes along with an unsettling old merchandise smell.

0528081422

Seriously, who doesn't take a picture of this? Straight from the T2 store, which is apparently being sold for around $5,700 that also says on the sign next to it, and ships within 5 boxes and easy to assemble.Time to save some money.

Now on to The Simpsons stuff. You will have to bare with me here since I made a horrible mistake on my part. Reason being; I figured I should record everything I see since the way I see it on my phone, everything looks all nice and clear. Figures out; I was very wrong. After seeing my recording, near the end of my stay, the video turned out very crappy and only some things are visible. Also I can't convert it to see it on YouTube and it is just a whole mess. So What I figured I do is capture some [crappy looking] pictures from my video, and post them up. Then I will find a better looking video walkthrough after the pictures. Well hopefully that helps:

0528081022[(000132)21-57-11]

Entrance of Kwik-E-Mart. Not bad looking, same logo and style from the 7-Eleven ones.

0528081022[(002254)21-58-14]

This is part of the inside stash inside the Kwik-E-Mart. It has Flaming Moe energy drinks (On Top) and Duff Energy Drinks (on bottom). Flaming Moe taste like Red Bull and Duff Energy Drinks taste like Monster drinks. Typical. Where's the Buzz? Sadly not here. (Buzz drinks may be sold at the Orlando location, were it is apparently bigger than the one here, but that's Orlando for you.)

0528082211

Here's a better look at the drinks. Same Duff size. The Flaming Moe clearly looks like the same size as a Red Bull.

0528081643[(000007)22-32-18]

Yep its Moe's. Not a lot of people get to see this, since its very well hidden, and its actually a side entrance to the Kwik-E-Mart. Yes lame in some ways but quite awesome considering its still the front of Moe's Tavern. The people who may see it, are the ones that come out of the ride, since the ride photos are right next to it.

SimpsonsRideHollywood

Now I'm cheating; here's a high quality look at the entrance to The Simpsons Ride.

kwikemart_12

We also get The Android's Dungeon, unfortunately only a painting. It is still very cool to see. It is painted on the side of the Kwik-E-Mart. Mostly the part of which they store all The Simpsons merchandise for the store.

vlcsnap-114289

Now this shot includes the side of Moe's Tavern. If I had a 3D image, I could probably better explain how the whole Kwik-E-Mart thing, but hopefully you get what's going on with this. The door here is actually a real door. Yet only an employee entrance. (Ignore person in shot, he was in the way)


Now for the Kwik-E-Mart Video, which is pretty old since the ride isn't open and the side entrance isn't open either, but still same merchandise it is a few weeks later:

I would show more of the ride, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. All I can say it is very fun, very well done, with gags everywhere as well as a special appearance, from the videos shown, from the past or is it the future rather...well anyway's its a very fun ride. One thing I may not see here, but hopefully will be here soon are squishees. I saw a recent picture for the Orlando The Simpsons Ride, and well they have a stand selling squishees there. Why don't they have it here yet? No idea. Hopefully we will have some kind of Simpsons theme restaurant here, probably were Doc's Fried Chicken is since the Back to the Future: The Ride is gone. I actually tasted that today and I gotta say it's bloody awful (I seriously still have the aftertaste, its bad). But anyway's Universal Orlando still has rides we don't have here anymore. We just need more room and have more Theme Parks as how Universal Orlando is. That's a never.


1 comment:

Anthony said...

Remember that awesome scene in E.T. when the Keyman captured E.T. and Elliot in his net launcher? I so want a toy of that.