Friday, July 9, 2010

Epic Mickey May Stray Away From Its Original Concept

I sincerely hope that's not the case though. I truly hope to God since it was quickly becoming one of the best platforming games I have seen in a long while. Warren Specter has made some amazing games in the past and I just hope he is not swayed by Disney to take away some of the best concepts he has made for the game. One of the big features of the game I am looking forward to are the 3 ways Mickey can change depending what he does in the world of Wasteland. There’s the Hero Mickey, the Mickey we all know and love today, in which Mickey does mostly good things in the game. Then there's Wastelander Mickey in which he appears this way when he does both equally good and bad things. Then there's Scrapper Mickey who is more mischievous and closer to his old Black and White version. The later is reported to be scrapped (pun intended) completely from the game. It is a rumor at the moment as I have only seen one article on it and I just really hope its not true. If that's the case more things in which we have seen concept from can be canned from the game as well. Its one of the things that's really kept me from liking the game, a darker and more disturbing Disney world is what I want and what I think most people want.

Image owned by gameinformer by the way.

The source seems really unreliable, but they do say this: "People don't like when you mess with Mickey," said creator Warren Spector. "We did a focus test that was really eye-opening for me. There was a biker dude saying, 'Oh, I'd never play a Mickey Mouse game,' and then we showed him images of a changed Mickey. I was sitting there thinking, 'You're gonna love what we do,' but he said, 'No! Don't mess with my childhood.'"

Don’t listen to a biker dude Warren Spector, listen to us the gamers. Who in the past has ever listen to a biker dude, or a biker dude who doesn’t even play video games? Warren Spector should remember this is for the gamers and for true Disney fans, not some biker dude he pulls from the streets. This is why video game companies shouldn’t do focus testing on people who don’t even play video games…

1 comment:

Anthony said...

Way to stick it to the biker dude.