Thursday, October 1, 2009

Reporting From New Jersey

us_map_labeled

In True Indiana Jones Fashion

Well its been a long week and forgive my lateness on my travel here, but I felt I needed a certain feel for the new New Jersey environment. And there’s one thing I have noticed most of all: There’s a lot of trees here. If there’s one thing I notice back in LA is the lack of trees and how there’s a bunch of smog. Here it seems very forest oriented. Not that there’s smog here I just notice many many trees. Well maybe I should go back to the beginning and my flight here which was back on September 12th and 13th. I don’t think I shall ever fly at night ever again. Its very dark, cramped, and I got a bit nauseous. It was my first flight ever after all. I did catch up a bit on my The Dark Knight Returns reading though.

I also thought my flight would be 6 hours, instead it was 3. Sleep also slipped my mind as I also figured out I will and lost 3 hours of sleep since of the new time change. I am now 3 hours ahead of people which sucks a bit once you think about it. Earth orbit and science sucks.

Well anyways, second flight was not too bad. I got an aisle seat, but since no one sat next to me I got a window seat instead and enjoyed the view which made me a bit nauseous again.

Also I should comment on the in-flight food: First flight which was a bit updated than the second one, wasn’t that great. All we get is free soft drinks (about a kids cup size) and pretzels. Pretzels make me very thirsty. I became very thirsty, I only got one drink. Did I mention I didn’t like my first flight? Second flight wasn’t too bad. The cookie they gave us was one of the best cookies I have ever eaten and I also experienced the restrooms for the first time which is very very small.

Well now in New Jersey the contact I was supposed to meet found me right away and went straight home. Well kinda, I unpacked and went to my contacts aunts house to pick up the bed I would sleep on and I helped to assemble the bed frame to make that story short.

Well now I am here, its been about 2 and a half weeks and its going pretty well, considering its nice here, but job hunt is going poorly unfortunately. I could be home soon since because of that. Oh well its pretty nice here though. There’s also another reason most people know about the contact I met with but all will be explained in time. I will report more next post. For now I am working on a holiday gaming post so stay tuned for that.

2 comments:

Anthony said...

Right now it's 7:30 over here and 10:30 where you are. That's awesome.

Those pretzels were making you thirsty.

Joob said...

Ki-kun! I haven't talked to you in forever! I'm glad to hear things are going quite fine with you up north. Have you adjusted to the time change by now?

I'm sorry to hear about the flight not being all that well. I remember taking a night flight on our way back from Cali to Florida. I thought it was kind of cool. C:

I really hope you're doing well.