Tuesday, June 2, 2009

E3 2009: Part 2 - Nintendo Conference

Earlier on I posted live coverage of Steve Wiebe attempt the Donkey Kong World record live at E3. Unfortunately Wiebe came up short with 989,000 points, but did come to the fabled kill screen. The record now is 1,050,200 by Billy Mitchell. Wiebe may not have set a world record, but put on a good show for everyone else. I bet he will attempt this again sometime in the future and everyone will be rooting for him just like today.

Now on to the Nintendo Conference. Today many games were announced including a new device and a more in depth look at the Wii Motion Plus. The first bit of big news was the return of the Super Mario Bros. franchise. It will make its return on the Wii titled: New Super Mario Bros. Wii. As you may have guessed; it will certainly be quite similar to the DS game: New Super Mario DS. Not only will this game feature two player co-op, but it will feature 4 player co-op and versus. Here's a preview:


As you can see, their will be 2 new suits., the one previewed at the conference was a propeller suit as seen here, and a newer one, which looks like a penguin freezing type suit. Also the return of Yoshi is a really good touch, which I missed in the DS game. This game should release during Winter 2009.

After that it seems Nintendo has been working on something called Wii Fit Plus, which is basically just a sequel to the other Wii Fit. Next up was the beginning to Wii Sports Resort, showing more how the Wii MotionPlus works as your player skydives to the island. Here's a video:



Very cool stuff to say the least. Now onto RPGs. I forgot the name of one game which features many crystals apparently, and a brief trailer for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days for the DS which can be watched here:


Can't wait for that. The unfortunate part was that their was no official announcement of a sequel to the Kingdom Hearts series as of yet. Hopefully next years E3 will have something and for possible multiple platforms or something different.

If your a fan of Mario and Luigi RPG series, a new game is on its way back to the DS. The game is called Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story. The famous plumbers somehow shrink and become trapped within Bowsers belly. Sounds interesting.

If your a fan of the once popular RPG series Golden Sun, it will make its return to the DS in 2010. It will be in 3D and little else is known, so something to look forward to for the fans. Other new DS titles include Women's Murder Club: Games of Passion, COP: The Recruit, a new Mario vs. Donkey Kong game subtitled Minis March Again! as a DSi download, and a new Wario Ware game titled WarioWare Myself which you can now make your own WarioWare minigames. Sounds like good stuff here.

More announcements include some Facebook functionality with the DSi for facebook fans. Another new Wii attachment was annouced called the Wii Vitality Sensor, which to me so far I have no idea what it is and sounds really useless so far. Very little was said and no big examples were shown. Maybe next E3.

Now on to the bigger titles. For fans of Super Mario Galaxy a sequel was annouced including the return of riding Yoshi in the game. Here's a trailer:


If that doesn't get you pumped up, The Conduit is introduced, a Resident Evil sequel to Umbrella Chronicles video is shown and a new Metroid game. Watch the videos below and enjoy.


2 comments:

Anthony said...

So far New Super Mario Bros 2 is the game I'm most excited for.

So there's going to be a Wii peripheral to check your pulse? Why?

Joob said...

I'm sorry I did not read everything but I saw you had posted the Kingdom Hearts video. I was at Game Stop with my mother on fathers day and I saw the case since you can pre-order it. But I read the case and everything and I was sooo excited! I can't wait! But I hope they will come out with the date it's due! If it comes out in the next four months I would be uber happy! Since that would be before my birthday and I can ask for it for my birthday or maybe Christmas.

Also, I read like a couple more down or something or saw something relating to mario and I don't know what kind of thought I had but I had the urge to watch/look up the Super Mario Bros. Movie. Have you ever seen that? I haven't seen it since I was little. But I managed to find it on Youtube!


P.S. You need to text, email, do something! I haven't talked to you in forever and I want to! -Cry Cry-