Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Death Before Circuit City

About a month ago I heard of another store I regularly shop at (when I have money) that was about to close. A huge shock, yet it did seem somewhat of a duplicate store of another. Probably just to save money in some way, a confusing way to say the least. The store in question is Suncoast, which is one of the biggest places to buy your anime purchasing needs. There were a few imports and quite a few CDs there. When I first heard it was closing, first thought was: What? The store has seemed like a huge success next to its father (or mother) store FYE. I thought this could either be because they are putting most of the stuff back to FYE or just the economy these days. Its probably both. Well as of today there's only 2 days left before the store completely closes at the Stonewood mall near my house and everything is 50% which is a pretty incredible deal, yet not so much to buy anymore. I went two days ago and managed to find two very well hidden DVDs and pretty damn lucky to find them. I also went today and got two more which include another hidden DVD. Here’s what I got for 50% off each:

SDC11214

Best two days ever.

Managed to find the Beowulf Steelbook I was about to buy before, found Psycho within a batch of anime DVD’s as well as Hot Fuzz. The anime DVD of When They Cry will be for a separate post for a later time. I had to get at least one anime DVD, and since I was low on cash from the start, I ended up with this one. I may check out the Montebello mall Suncoast later on, yet I may want to stick with FYE’s 70% off sale going on now. This week keeps getting better.

Extra Bit:

Burger King Angry Whopper Taste Test

0120091729

After tasting it, the burger should probably be called the Slightly Angry Whopper. On a spicy scale of 1-10 its about an 8. The spiciest thing I found about the burger was the JalapeƱos. I kinda disappointed with Burger King lately. Usually they are about quality and promise. With its lackluster commercials and Burgers tasting different, I may not go here anymore. Yet, Burger King is Burger King and I can’t just leave a franchise I have loved for so many years. Burger King has just got to stick with the old times and be about quality. The Angry Whopper is good for people who like mild spicy foods. So, good to enjoy on a cold day.

Also…

3 comments:

Anthony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anthony said...

Good deals on some very nice gets.

I love Higurashi no Naku Ni. Scared the crap out of me.

I was curious about the Angry Whopper. I think I'll pass.

Gabriel said...

Took me a year to finally watch all of Higurashi no Naku Ni.