Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another Death In the Industry

Circuit_City

Circuit City we barely knew ye.

Circuit City is now officially closing. With the file for bankruptcy having failed, all stored are set to closed. Which include newer stores, which is unfortunate. First I believe, it closed 100, now the 567 stores it has left.

To tell you the truth I didn’t do a whole lot of shopping with Circuit City. Although I may get The Dark Knight exclusive, I didn’t particularly like Circuit City. I did get a Home theater system from them, yet it only lasted me 6 years. So Circuit City, you get what’s coming to you.

Forgive my anti-sympathies, but Circuit City has got to earn a bit of credit for being open so long. It was one of Best Buys biggest competitor and had good sales and prices I still couldn’t afford, or didn’t have the right location to one either. The closest were two, yet I still had to get a car there, but i digress…

This also unfortunately, brings a big blow to society, with 34,000 jobs lost. We definitely need more jobs now Obama. So make some more Fry's that's actually within city limits or something. It is probably the next big competitor for Best Buy, but I also need a better job than what I have.

Well the Canadians will still have their Circuit City’s so if you need anything best buy doesn’t; your next stop is the Canadian border. At least we’ll finally get some stuff from futureshop. Yeah, bring that store to the US.

Well, Circuit City Liquidation starts tomorrow, so now's the time to buy us that Blu-Ray.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

When I visited my local Circuit City it seemed like business as usual, but after I walked around some more I did notice some bare shelves and missing wall displays.

None of the clearance sales were so good that I felt anything was worth buying, not that the selection they had would be all that tempting at any price.