Friday, July 11, 2008

Movie Reviews and Other Random Stuff.

Quite an interesting day really. Saw Wanted today(or yesterday rather since it is around 1:00am), free movie tickets to see The Dark Knight in IMAX was passed out by the Joker himself and Comic-Con madness. Did I get free Joker tickets? Nope I was watching Wanted while it happened and just happened to be a case of being at a place, and a somewhat off time. Am I disappointed that I didn't get a free ticket? Nope. I'm gonna see it the first day in IMAX anyway's, so it doesn't matter. I saw movie so I was entertained, nothing bad with that. Plus I hung out with a rather wild bunch, I could go into it more but a 'wild bunch' pretty much describes it. Nothing bad, just all very hyper, and was quite a funny and interesting bit I went through. Yes, many random things happened as well as something about the ending of Wanted being made fun of. Well enough talk, here's the Wanted Review:

The only way I can describe this movie is that; the action is superb and well made, its just the story or the script seems to have its problems. The movie is really interesting and action packed, almost non-stop really. Lots of moments were you ask: How'd they do that? There's also quite a few awkward moments, moments in which you just find funny, and not in the good way. This is were the acting is a little so-so. Somehow the directing gets somewhat lost or confused and they just don't know how to do the scene; so they just do the best they can and it becomes quite awkward as I said. Is this movie good?: Yeah. A good summer movie?: Sure. They are both there, it just could have been done way better. Good action, fast, and so-so acting. This movie gets three and a half stars.

Now on to another review; Hancock which I saw a week ago:

A little similar to Wanted, this one just has chock full of CGI effects. Although this one has more of an interesting storyline. At first the movie is somewhat slow and we see stuff we have seen already from trailers. Hancock is a somewhat anti-superhero who saves the day in his own way; by costing millions in city repairs. The movie goes from slow to fast in the storyline, then it becomes slow again, but this time at a more steady pace. The tone completely changes in the middle of the story. You start to learn more things, yet there are also problems. Most things are explained, yet something's also become unanswered. This movie is quite funny in different ways, but the mood also changes which turns into a serious tone. Interested in a generic summer popcorn movie?: Then enjoy this one. This one also gets three and a half stars.

I don't have any more reviews at the moment. Later this week I will have DVD reviews for Children of Men and Pan's Labyrinth (The Labyrinth of the Faun to some). Yeah I know these are old, but if anyone's interested in a new yet old movie review.

Comic-Cons not making it easy for some of us who want more than one ticket. As I learned, yet may not be the case you can only buy one ticket at a time, but also you may have to put in all your information in if you want to buy another. That last part may not be true, since I have yet to try it, but its not easy. I got to get tickets by tomorrow since they already posted Thursdays' schedule.

Picture of the Day:

Been doing some summer cleaning by moving around the DVD's in my shelf. They aren't in any real general order, I'm not so obsessive about that, but my anime DVD's finally get to have some fresh air since they have been in the back for a while. Now I get to show off my anime collection:

At least its better than last time, I had DVD's stacked on the top and was taking too much room.

No comments: