Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wow I Haven't Read A Book In A While...

And now I have. The recent book I just read is a book called "I Am Legend." It's actually pretty good, it was both frightening and with a bit of depressed feeling to it, but it pays off. I'll give a short synopsis of the book which was also turned into a movie, with mixed results. As most people probably know, it is about the last man on earth and the world ending in the 1970's so we don't have to worry about that. So what happened to the human race? In the book a mysterious plague had hit the earth and every human, except Robert Neville (the last man on earth), turned into Vampires. Which is kinda like zombies, but well, not. I won't reveal how it happened and why so your gonna have to read the book. As most know since he is the last man on earth, Robert Neville is immune to the plague. So as he tries to avoid the Vampires at night he tries to find a cure.

Theres a basic plot summary for it, but the book is always better than that. As I have heard the movie, starring Will Smith, is very different from the book. As I have seen from trailers, it is. But that doesn't necessarily make it a bad movie either. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it anyways. I also heard the ending is different, which kinda and hopefully doesn't ruin the whole premise for the meaning of the words: "I Am Legend."


The movie comes out on DVD March 18 and I'm sure I'll pick it up
. Theres also a two disk set which has an alternate ending closer to the book, which is the version I want. On a scale of 1-10 I give the book a solid 9.

All the Robert Nevilles:

Hm, their hair gets shorter every time...

They also made an I Am Legend movie in UK, but its about zombies, and its called "I Am Omega" which sounds way too ripped off. And also Vincent Price's name in "The Last Man on Earth" was Dr. Robert Morgan, its the same difference.

No comments: