Tuesday, June 5, 2012

E3 Day 1–Part 3: Sony's Emptiness

Thank god its over. It started strong, strained badly in the middle, but ended very strong once again. Sony debuted exactly two good games that I will look forward to. My god what happened? That felt emptier than any conference I’ve ever seen of Sony’s. Only two new games were announced were the only ones I cared for after the 4 somewhat announced. God of War: Ascension gameplay was shown, but it was already announced a while back and I’ve never been a fan of the series. To kick off the highlights, lets go into the new game announced:

 

Yep, stars Ellen Page and is created by the team behind Heavy Rain. Looks promising, even if the story seems like its done before. Looks beautiful anyway. Next was Playstation All-Stars. I look to boycott this thing, its an obvious Smash Bros. rip-off right down to the Vita cross-play. Nintendo announced and plan to do this last year asking for a developers help. Instead of helping, Sony stole the idea and making it their own first. I find it interesting that Nintendo is coming up with the better ideas than what Microsoft and Sony were doing. I mean they have all along but all Microsoft and Sony want to do is take the idea and create their own. Nintendo’s are always solid and I’m glad they are finally making the system the Wii was always supposed to be with the Wii U. But I digress, the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale demo:

All the show I was waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3 or for a Last Guardian announcement. Instead for 10 whole minutes we sat through more apps that didn’t need announcing for the PS Vita. We did get previews for Assassins Creed: Liberation and a Call of Duty Vita game, but not enough to get me to buy one. Now onto probably the most aggravating announcements was Wonderbook. A sort of collaboration with JK Rowling and Pottermore. I’m not sure why it needed 20 minutes to show off the thing. It wasn’t really all that impressive. Its good for kids I guess. Here’s a trailer since I doubt anyone would like to sit through the long presentation again:

 

Unfortunately the Sony presentation was only an hour this year so it would feel a bit shallow naturally, but I didn’t expect it to be this much. The show picked up some speed after they showed a bit of gameplay for God of War: Ascension. I haven’t played a whole lot of God of War. This looked ok though. Nothing really new:

 

No Last Guardian or Kingdom Hearts 3 this year sadly. We were treated to another look at The Last of Us. I’m really looking forward to this game since it was announced last year. I was kinda hoping for Last Guardian a little more since it was announced years ago. Where the hell is this thing? They must be having more problems than we realized. Then again, its quite a tough game to tackle. Well back to The Last of Us:

 

Not many titles, but it did have a solid start and finish at least. Later on today will be Nintendo’s conference so we should expect many things from them. And on a final note here is some gameplay footage from the new Star Wars 1313 game. And yes, that is real actual footage from the game. Similar to Beyond and The Last of Us above. Well enjoy it:

5 comments:

Anthony said...

I'm not against Playstation All-Stars. This is how it works. Nintendo creates a game, fills it with recognizable characters, and every other developer copies it until it becomes a genre. I guess the bigger issue is that Sony didn't just copy that style of fighting game, it copied the idea of mixing characters from different franchises.

I thought Watch Dogs and The Last of Us were really impressive original games. Beyond could be too if I knew anything about the gameplay. Similarly Star Wars 1313 looks pretty but I wish I knew more about the story.

Gabriel said...

Eh, I guess I just hate it, even if I knew it may be coming some day. Especially after that one commercial after which they claimed the idea originally came by.

Well, from the video I think they said you play as a bounty hunter and your on the planet Coruscant. The planet is made up of many layers I guess, or different sections. I guess your going deep in the underworld and it seems quite dangerous. That's all I know, seems interesting so far though.

thanida said...

They are responsive, You would fall in love with writing again after using it.
gclub

คนสวย2019 said...

ร้อยไหม
ร้อยไหมปรับรูปหน้า ปรับรูปหน้าที่ไหไนดี ร้อยไหมไหน











ดี? กังนัมสถานพยาบาล



เป็น



คำตอบไม่ว่าจะเป็น ร้อยไหมหน้าเรียว เป็นวีไลน์แบบประเทศเกาหลี



ด้วยไหมก้าง



ให้ท่าน



งาม



แบบประเทศเกาหลี



ลดอายุ หน้าเด็ก ไม่เจ็บ ไม่บอบช้ำ



ไม่บวม หน้าเป็นวีเชฟ ลดเหนียง เหนียงกระชับสมใจอยาก




ร้อยไหม ปรับรูปหน้า
ร้อยไหม pantip

dokdok said...

long pulse nd yag laser
ช่วยขจัดปัญหาผิวพรรณของคุณได้ไม่ว่าจะเป็นสีผิวไม่บ่อยนัก ผิวไม่เรียบเนียน รูขุมขนกว้าง รักษาสิวรวมทั้งหลุมสิว กระชับผิวให้เกิดความสวยสดงดงามใส รอยเหี่ยวย่น การกำจัดขน รอยแผลเป็น เส้นโลหิตขอด

สลายไขมัน กระชับสัดส่วน
สลายไขมัน ไม่ผ่าตัด