Thursday, November 20, 2008

Movies In Need Of A Re-Release Part 2

Yep, were (or I'm, rather) back to a new segment and I found some more ideas to movies or any DVD in general that are indeed in need of a Re-Release. Its been since May since I’ve done this? Well we have been getting lots of great DVDs this year with great Re-Release. Its been great since they actually Re-Released one item from my last list; which was: The Nightmare Before Christmas! It was a late add, but I had no idea. I am indeed awesome. Now besides still yearning A Rocketeer Re-Release here is a new list I have devised:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie Series:

Yes, the originals. Now they can do many things with this. They canteenage_mutant_ninja_turtles pull a Back to the Future and release it in one massive 3 movie set which I wouldn’t mind buying. I have always grown up with these guys and especially loved the first one. The other two, well I like for other reasons, but would buy even in a big set. Who else doesn’t think the 3rd movie feels like the old Ninja Turtles in Time Video Game? No one? Well, anyways if they release it individually, I might just go with the first one; it depends on a lot of things. At lease make a special edition of the first one please. Cowabunga!


An Unaltered Star Wars: The Original Trilogy Set:

Many Star Wars fans may and may not like the recent releases of the old Trilogy DVD, as with me, and crave the old Star Wars. Before it was altered in any way. It was released eventually, but I indeed was incredibly angry Star Wars fan when it has VHS quality video. It still gets me mad just thinking about it. I even have the old VHS original trilogy set; its like I could have done this on my own and put it on DVD. *sigh* Only in my dreams.

Akira, Princess Mononoke, and The End Of Evangelion:

I think its about time, no? I’ve had my copy of Akira for a while and Iakira haven’t gotten the old special edition set. Yet I feel there may be either more to say or at least an update. Just make a new Princess Mononoke and End of Eva DVD happen already. Tetsuo! Kaneda!



Disney Releases:

Disney has always had style and always make everything they owndisney exclusive. Meaning everything is just about limited with them. Especially with their Walt Disney Treasure sets. I have always disliked the fact that after a few months some of the sets were released, such as old Disney cartoons, are gone in an instant. Your last resort is to check EBay or just be plain lucky. Why should watching and exploring the history of its Disney cartoons be so exclusive? Especially with the movies. Disney’s Vault program has always been a bad idea. Wonder if Walt would even allow this if we arose from his frozen capsule today…

Hook:

Yeah, why not. I loved it. Anyone else? Nope? Just me?hook_ver1

Return to Oz:

Surprisingly frightening. An unofficial sequel of The Wizard of Oz1193936901-23117_full which indeed does deserve a new release. This is also Editor Walter Murch’s only film ever made. There is DVD release as of 2004, but I’d to see some extras on the idea of the story. Its a very dark flick which involves shock therapy to Dorothy whom is sent to an psychiatry ward, which you probably have a good guess why. If you haven’t seen it, be sure to check it out when you can. Also I caught this on Disney one night and crept the hell outta me. Those were the dark days of Disney indeed.

What else…I’ll get back to you in another 7 months.


Word of the Day: Mind-Boggling


Video of the Day:

Someone will appreciate this:

2 comments:

Anthony said...

Mononoke's best chance at a re-release will probably be next year when Disney releases Tales from Earthsea and Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea.

Manga Entertainment made comments hinting at an acquisition of the Renewal version of End of Evangelion but so far nothing has come of it.

Akira comes out on Blu-Ray next year. That's better than a DVD re-release.

Joob said...

Hmmm, I've honestly never seen the movie Akira even though I own it on DVD. xD It's kind of sad. Do you have it on DVD?

Also, thanks for the comment. ;D And sorries it was random. D: Gaaah, just wanted to post something random. I'm trying to get Anthony to write me some poems for my pictures I take.

Also, you need to send me and IM about er.... idk. Making a joint blog? xD