Monday, August 25, 2008

The Briefcaser's Dilemma: Part 1

Yeah, I totally suck. Well, anyway's with the summer long and gone from big superhero movies, it is now almost time to start buying the movies on DVD. With most of DVD buyer's problems are either the quality of the DVD sets or DVD's that deal with content, which makes buyer's double dip (Buying more than one of the same DVD) on a set and is the last resort most of the time. Well with me, I have only double dipped only a few times, and most of those times were making the mistake of buying a Full Screen version of a DVD than a Widescreen edition (A poor excuse, but its an excuse). Also here's an explanation of the different screen sizes here. A long explanation, but a fairly decent explanation for those who need one. In the short run Full Screen shows either not all of the film, or sometimes it will be the actual screen size of the film and is in a square shape. With Widescreen it is more rectangular, but is the best way to view a film, and is also the one of the only ways to see a film in the highest resolution (I may be wrong, but that's how I see it nowadays, and stop making me explain it). Well anyway's back to the DVDs, the first batch of superhero films to be out on DVD should be Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk. Here is the Hulk cover and Iron Man cover from a friends blog. I still say the Hulk one is weak. Now it comes down to content. From What I heard Iron Man will not only come in a Best Buy edition which comes with a quite lackluster Iron Man helmet mini-replica from Sideshow Collectibles:

It is also a bit disappointing when you see so many good stuff from the awesome company. Also they do seem to quite compensate you for making such a huge buy, by giving you an extra $50 coupon for their website on anything. So you basically get your money back in form of Sideshow dollars. Now for the Steelbook edition. The Steelbook will this time of course, be a TWEC exclusive or places like Suncoast and FYE. I don't really know exactly what it will look like, I'll I know is it will be a Steelbook that I would want to pick up. So it either looks like either one of these:

Is said that this is a poster advertising for the Steelbook DVD:

And then there's the Target and Circuit City sets no one will care about...the Target exclusive will have a CD with all the songs from the movie that you already have.